Traditional Art Market
Selasa, 16 Nopember 2010
- Pasar Seni Sukawati dan Guwang Gianyar
Sukawati and Guwang Art Markets in Gianyar are always the first shopping destinations for art collectors that hunt for typical Bali’s souvenirs at low prices. Within minute drive from Sukawati, Guwang art market offers wide ranging art products similar to those in Sukawati.
- Ubud Art Market, Gianyar
The art market is the heaven for Bali’s typical souvenirs. Strategically located in the heart of Ubud, the market offers easy and comfortable shopping experience with very competitive prices.
- Kumbasari Market, Denpasar
If you do not have time to visit Sukawati Art Market, try shop at Kumbasari Market that have great collection of Bali’s quality handicrafts at best prices.
- Kuta Art Market, Badung
Before catching your next flight, stop by at Kuta Square which is only minutes away from Ngurah Rai Airport. It is where a series of boutiques with branded products are offered at competitive prices.
- Sanur Art Market
Shopping under the sunshine on the bare white sand beach in Sanur area is very much interesting as tourists can hunt for an assorted collection of souvenirs.
- Badung Market, Denpasar
Badung Market has been for many years used by Balinese people to trade the daily needs. Before dawn, people rush to the market to buy flowers, materials for presentation, fruits, ceremonial items, vegetables and fresh fish. For wholesalers, they better come at night to get better prices.
- Krisna Craft Center, 62-361-262 365; 264 780
For those having limited shopping time, the comfortable Krisna Craft Center is one good point as it is present in three locations, they are, near to Denpasar Art Center, on Jalan Nusa Kambangan and Kuta area.
- Joger, Kuta, Badung, 62-361-752 523
Naughty words produced by Joger seem to be widely accepted. Unique expressions that are printed on any media, particularly on t-shirts, have become the favorites amongst tourists for many years. The creativity of the producer has developed the market which is always waiting for its new products.
- Erlangga, Denpasar, 62-361-228 860
Erlangga is popular for its complete Bali souvenir collection. Situated in Denpasar City, the market is reachable for tourists staying in Kuta, Sanur or Denpasar.
- Djenggala Ceramics, Jimbaran, 62-361-703 310. Built in 1976, Djenggala Ceramics in Jimbaran is the center for high quality ceramics employing innovative and up-to-date designs.
- Bog Bog, Denpasar 62-361-746 1774
The souvenir shop is actually a business unit of the first and perhaps the only cartoon magazine in Indonesia, Bog Bog. Inside the unique shop, visitors can find a wide range of creative cartoon souvenirs having critical but playful messages for joke reason.
- Uluwatu, Badung, 62-361-751 933; 288 037
Uluwatu are present in some prominent boutique chains in favorite tourist spots, such as Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Ubud and Nusa Dua. The boutiques showcases the best quality embroidered products of typical Uluwatu design which tastes classic traditional but fashionable.
- Mama & Leon, Denpasar 62-361-229 511 .Mama & Leon is a long-established brand having premium quality and up-to-date design. Mama & Leon’s products are available at its sole boutiques in Sanur and Renon, as well as prestigious malls in Bali.